When I was a child I wanted to be:
- An acrobat
- A ballerina
- A clown
- A detective
- A vet
- And a zoologist.
The worst present I was ever given:
Roll-on deodorant from my younger brother.
As a child, my favourite characters were:
- Tigger, from Winnie the Pooh
- Pippi Longstocking
- Laura Ingles Wilder – I braided my hair, wanted to travel in horse drawn carriages, and grew carrots in an attempt to live off the land.
- Janet from Enid Blyton’s Secret Seven – I started my own secret society of detectives in Grade Three.
The best true stories begin with
You’ll never guess what happened…
10 Things I could do aged ten that I can’t do now
- Make $5 last a whole week
- Hang upside down after eating an ice cream
- Pet a mouse and think it’s cute
- The splits
- Swim in the sea when it is less than 30°C/86°F
- See my brothers and sisters every day
- Eves drop on my parents
- Play the recorder
- Jump rope for an hour and not get tired
- Create a gang of friends within a week of moving house
Things I wish I’d learnt when I was ten
- To become good at something, you have to stick at it for at least ten years.
- Touch typing
- Being a great friend is as important as the grades you get.
- Competition has its place, so does co-operation.
- Computers are not scary and beyond my capabilities.